Ontario Regulation 153/04 Risk Assessment
Intrinsik is one of the leading human health and ecological risk assessment (HHERA) firms in Ontario with experience in conducting risk assessments (RAs) in compliance with O. Reg. 153/04 since its inception in October 2004. Intrinsik has several scientists that are Qualified Persons for Risk Assessment (QPRA) as defined by O. Reg. 153/04, and scientists at all levels are well acquainted with the requirements of the Provincial Regulation and have actively participated in the completion of RAs in Ontario.
Intrinsik has conducted reviews of RAs on behalf of the Ontario Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change (MOECC) since 1997 as one of the MOECC Vendors of Record (VORs), and therefore understands what is necessary to get an RA through the review and approval process. We have completed hundreds of risk assessments in the Province of Ontario. In addition, Intrinsik has conducted peer reviews on many RAs in Ontario.
Intrinsik currently holds several standing offers with regulatory, crown, and municipal organizations in Ontario to provide risk assessment-related services related to O.Reg. 153/04, including:
- City of Hamilton: Professional and Consultant Services Roster – Engineering Services & Information Services – Category 17: Environmental Site Assessment/Remediation Services, which includes Risk Assessment services;
- Infrastructure Ontario: Standing Offer for the Provision of Environmental and Geotechnical Consulting Services;
- Ontario Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change (MOECC): Vendor of Record for Expert Multi-Disciplinary Scientific Reviews of Brownfield Risk Assessments). Prior to the current standing offer, Intrinsik provided expert advice in toxicology, standards development, and human health and ecological risk assessment to MOECC continuously since 1997 (human health) and 1999 (ecological);
- Regional Municipality of Durham: Phase One and Phase Two Environmental Site Assessment Peer Reviews, which includes risk assessment reviews;
- Toronto Public Health: Urgent Professional Environmental Assessment Services for Toronto Public Health; and,
- Waterfront Toronto: Vendor of Record for Environmental and Geotechnical Consulting Services.