Senior Director of Nonclinical Study Management
Phone: 1 514-473-6598
Robert Tavcar is a Diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology (DABT), and brings more than 30 years of preclinical and clinical CRO experience to the team. He served most recently as a Senior Director, Toxicology where he was responsible for scientific, technical, and compliance aspects of general, infusion and reproductive toxicology as well as safety pharmacology.
Robert started his career as technical support and has worked in multiple areas of toxicology. He originally started his career in the field of infusion toxicology for approximately 14 years while concurrently helping develop the cardiovascular services group. He then transferred into the ADME drug metabolism group for 1 year before moving to the field of clinical drug development for 5 years where he worked in support of Phase I and bioequivalence studies. For the last 12+ years he has continued to function as a toxicologist progressing from senior scientist (study director) to director and finally senior director of toxicology responsible for the study director group (total of 12 study directors) covering general, infusion, dermal and DART services as well as the Pharmacology (TK/PK) and statistics group. He has additionally, with the growth of the company and demand had become more involved in supporting the business development group working closely with Sponsors to develop and guide them through the drug development and regulatory process. Working in the service division of drug development he also has a good understanding of working with Sponsors and Regulators in a complimentary fashion for both small and large molecules with multiple routes.
At Intrinsik, Robert will provide expert guidance to our clients by:
• Supporting program designs that encompass practical, logistical, regulatory, and scientific experience;
• Providing monitoring of critical study activities, both on-site and virtual;
• Performing critical reviews and oversight of procedural as well as study data evaluations; and
• Supporting CRO audits and evaluations for regulatory and scientific capabilities.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Sc. Biology, Concordia University
- DABT, Diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology
- American College of Toxicology (ACT)
- Society of Toxicology (SOT)
- The Society of Toxicology of Canada (STC)
- Society for Birth Defects Research and Prevention (BRP)