Director of Nonclinical Study Management
Phone: 1 418-655-4639
Phone: 1 418-655-4639
Will Ruddock brings more than 35 years of preclinical CRO experience to the team. He served most recently as a Vice President of Toxicology Operations, where he was responsible for technical, and compliance aspects of toxicology studies.
Will started his career at Hazleton Laboratories in the UK as an animal technician. During this time, he became competent to perform many different study related procedures and was promoted to a supervisory level. He then moved to the report production department and was able to help with the development and validation of a new electronic reporting system, as well as learning to write scientific reports for the Study Director group. When the opportunity to become a Study Director came along, Will jumped at the chance. He was quickly involved in many oral, dermal, sensitization and ocular studies, as well as many studies that required non-standard routes of administration. During this time, Will was able to leverage his technical knowledge to direct and participate technically on these special projects. Soon he began to expand his repertoire in the general toxicology and inhalation groups. In 2002, after working at Covance for 19 years, Will was enticed to come to Canada to work as a Study Director at ITR Laboratories. Here he performed a wide variety of study designs and supported clients with their drug development programs. In 2006, he became a Director of Toxicology, and was responsible for a group of Study Directors. During this time, he was continuously called upon to support the Business Development group by visiting clients or participating on calls to help them design and plan their nonclinical programs.
At Intrinsik, Will has been tasked with providing expert guidance to our clients by:
- Supporting program designs that encompass practical, logistical, regulatory, and scientific experience;
• Providing monitoring of critical study activities, both on-site and virtual;
• Performing critical reviews and oversight of procedural as well as study data evaluations; and
• Supporting CRO audits and evaluations for regulatory and scientific capabilities.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- BSc (Hons.) in Biosciences and Health
- Higher National certificate in Business and Finance
- Society of Toxicology (SOT)