Pesticide Ecological Risk Assessment
Intrinsik’s pesticides division has decades of experience conducting a wide variety of ecological risk assessments (ERAs).
We regularly conduct ERAs for pesticide registrations and re-registrations in the United States, Canada, and South America. These ERAs range from standard screening-level risk assessments conducted using the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)/Canadian Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) toolbox of screening-level models, to complex, highly refined probabilistic risk assessments. We develop species-specific, pesticide-specific, and location-specific models to best estimate the potential for exposure and subsequent risk estimates. We often work closely with our valued partner Stone Environmental Inc., to bring you a comprehensive evaluation solution. We also provide services for pesticide dossier preparation and submission.
- FIFRA and PCPA-based ecological risk assessments
- Development of refined wildlife exposure models specific to seed-treatment, granular and liquid pesticides
- Refined species-specific exposure and effects assessments
- Refined aquatic exposure modelling and effects determinations
- Spatial analyses using Geographic Information System (GIS) tools
- Probabilistic modelling
- Determination of aquatic benchmarks for pesticides registered in the United States and Canada based on analyses of laboratory and higher tier (e.g., mesocosm) study data
- Weight-of-evidence assessments
- Data quality evaluations
- Study director and method development services for field studies following Good Laboratory Practice
- Response and rebuttal documents
- Expert witness legal support