Senior Toxicologist – North America
Intrinsik Corp., is a North American consulting firm that is a recognized leader in toxicology and human health risk assessment, has an opening for the position of Senior Toxicologist within North America.
We aim to offer our employees an environment that encourages professionalism, creativity, independence, and continual learning. The assets of any knowledge-based company are its people, and we believe strongly in investing in those assets by offering training and mentoring of our staff.
Like all modern successful organizations, we are committed to growing and advancing our employees’ careers by providing them with new responsibilities and opportunities within the company.
Reporting to the Vice President of Toxicology of Intrinsik, job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- As part of a team, developing the preclinical strategy and ensuring the acceptability of the proposed preclinical programs to the appropriate regulatory authorities;
- Interacting with regulatory authorities (primarily US and Canadian);
- Management and mentoring of junior scientific staff;
- Writing and/or review of scientific study plans, protocols, and proposals;
- Project execution through management and oversight of nonclinical research activities as conducted by external service providers;
- Ensuring scientific quality of all projects as well as their delivery on time and on budget;
- Assessing all aspects of CROs (i.e. facilities, equipment, personnel, methods, procedures, records, etc.) for built-in quality management system and that quality is incorporated into the execution of the studies;
- Solving scientific and logistical problems;
- Data analysis and presentation of data;
- Reviewing and finalizing reports in accordance to GLPs; and
- Authoring of integrated nonclinical summaries for regulatory filings.
The successful applicant(s) would ideally have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in a life science or related field of study, preferably a M.Sc. or Ph.D. in toxicology;
- Board certification (e.g., DABT) or eligibility would be valuable;
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience in a pharma/biotech environment managing outsourced drug development programs;
- Practical experience in project management;
- Experience with direct interaction with clients in a consulting capacity is an asset;
- Demonstrated proficiency with literature searching;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skill with the ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task (multiple projects/issues) and adapt to dynamic work situations where priorities are subject to change at any time;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and general guidelines involved in conducting a project; and
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel.
Interested candidates may submit their resumes via e-mail to Heather Wilson at moc.k1632707804isnir1632707804tni@n1632707804osliw1632707804h1632707804.