Alyssa J. Beltran
Environmental Health Scientist
Venice Beach, California
Phone: +1 310-392-6462
Alyssa Beltran is an Environmental Health Scientist with Intrinsik Ltd., whose primary focus is in human health risk assessment (HHRA), toxicology risk assessment, and consumer product safety. Alyssa has conducted screening, baseline, and post-remediation human health risk assessments evaluating potential exposures to hazardous materials and constituents in various environmental media. She has completed HHRAs for oil and gas production, dry cleaning, agriculture, military defense, and landfill sites. She is knowledgeable of risk assessment guidance and regulations in California, Hawaii, and the United States and its territories. Alyssa has been involved in the development of risk-based screening levels and cleanup levels to aid in remedial action plans.
In addition to being a skilled risk assessor, Alyssa provides extensive consumer product support. She has completed toxicology risk assessments for various consumer products including cosmetics, art materials, toys, and household products for multiple jurisdictions, and conducts Proposition 65 Safe Harbor Assessments for consumer products containing chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm as mandated by California’s Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. Additionally, Alyssa regularly reviews and develops Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) in compliance with the United Nations’ Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) for multiple jurisdictions, and has assisted clients with transitioning from the use of Material Safety Data Sheets to GHS-compliant SDSs. Alyssa uses her background and experience in public health and environmental toxicology to support risk assessment and consumer product services provided by Intrinsik.
- Performed a literature search and review of authoritative hazard information to identify health-based surface dust guidelines for dioxins and dioxin-like compounds.
- Evaluated occupational and consumer health risk from exposure to gel polish.
- Conducted a Proposition 65 Safe Harbors Assessment of lead-containing beer tap handles.
- Developed over 80 safety data sheets for lanthanide and rare earth-based products.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- MPH, Environmental Health, University of California, Irvine
- B.S., Society and Environment, University of California, Berkeley
- B.A., Geography, University of California, Berkeley
- Association for Environmental Health and Sciences