Experience and Expertise
Intrinsik Environmental Sciences has always recognized the need to be on the cutting edge of our various scientific disciplines and have consistently maintained a group of staff members who are highly skilled and recognized authorities in our industry. Our people are what brings our expertise to our clients, offering environmental scientific services that truly span a multitude of disciplines and sectors.
Some key advantages of the Intrinsik team include the following:
- Toxicology and risk assessment are Intrinsik's core competency, and we are recognized throughout Canada, and internationally, as being a leader in providing expert scientific opinions regarding the health and environmental impacts of industrial activities, as well as advice and guidance regarding the mitigation of chemical hazards and the management of environmental risks.
- Intrinsik has conducted numerous human health and ecological risk assessments of industrial facilities, contaminated sites, communities and water bodies, where exposure to metals was a concern. As such, Intrinsik is well versed on the toxicology of chemicals released from, and/or associated with mining, smelting and other metals processing operations.
- Intrinsik has a team of experts that are on the cutting edge of Health Impact Assessment including development of HIA guidance documents, assessment of large scale industrial projects and publication of HIA research in international scientific peer-reviewed journals.
- Intrinsik is a 'team player' and routinely works with other firms in large and complex projects across Canada, the United States and Internationally. Because Intrinsik works primarily in the areas of toxicology and risk assessment, we often work as part of a multidisciplinary team, and have the ability to work seamlessly with other firms which are responsible for various other disciplines (e.g., hydrogeology, engineering).
- A combination of scientific knowledge and communications expertise enables the Intrinsik to disseminate complex scientific information to a variety of audiences, by translating technical terminology into suitable language for dissemination to various levels of government, the media and the public. This risk communications expertise is essential to ensure that key stakeholders, such as the general public and regulators, understand the Project and any potential risks associated with it. Senior Intrinsik staff have extensive risk communications experience in addition to extensive experience communicating and consulting with the public and regulatory agencies.
- Intrinsik's breadth and depth of toxicology and risk assessment expertise is recognized internationally and is demonstrated through numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals and invitations to host or participate in risk assessment workshops organized by government agencies, industry associations, universities and private interest groups.
Our experts would be happy to provide details that you cannot find on our website by emailing us at