Ruth Hull, MSc., QPRA
Ms. Hull is a Senior Scientist located in our Mississauga office. Ms. Hull brings twenty years of international consulting experience in ecotoxicology and ecological risk assessment to the firm. Ms. Hull offers the depth of experience needed to both manage and conduct complex risk assessments, as well as to provide credible and critical advice and review on risk assessment and other related environmental issues. She assists industrial clients with the assessment and management of environmental challenges. She also provides expert advice to Federal and Provincial government agencies on ecotoxicology, ecological risk assessment of contaminated sites and other related environmental issues. Ms. Hull participates in workshops related to environmental toxicology and risk assessment, and has authored numerous publications on these topics. .
- Considered an authority in ecological risk assessment and ecotoxicology. She has led risk assessments for smelters, contaminated sites, and aquatic environments. She also has provided ecotoxicology assessments and advice related to environmental guideline development.
- A Qualified Person Risk Assessment (QPRA) in Ontario.
- Led numerous high-profile risk assessment and environmental toxicology projects across Canada, and abroad.
- Called upon to provide peer review services for other consulting firms, industry and government agencies.
- Active in the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC), as a member of the SETAC North America Board of Directors, and various committees and advisory groups (e.g., Membership Committee, Metals Advisory Group, Ecological Risk Assessment Advisory Group).
- Primary research interest is the field of ecotoxicology and ecological risk assessment, particularly related to landscape-scale assessments, weight-of-evidence approaches, toxicity reference value development, etc.
- Prior to joining Intrinsik, served as ecotoxicologist at Beak Consulting Ltd, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and the State of Minnesota.
MSc, Biology (Ecotoxicology), Concordia University
BSc, Biology and Chemistry, University of Waterloo