Glenn Ferguson, Ph.D., QPRA
Dr. Glenn Ferguson is the Vice President – Eastern Region and a Senior Scientist for Intrinsik Environmental Sciences Inc. with more than 20 years of experience in the areas of toxicology, epidemiology, human health and ecological risk assessment, and risk communication. During this time, his duties have involved project management, public consultation and technical scientific lead on large variety of environmental and human health projects. These include managing and technical lead for all phases of risk assessment projects related to new petroleum refineries, electrical power generation facilities, community-based risk assessments, occupational health issues, contaminated industrial and residential sites, smelter and incinerator emissions, landfills, rail corridors, highways, major airports, abandoned mine sites, fuel oil spills, microbial risk assessment, and drinking water contamination.
- Senior toxicological expertise in a variety of environmental contaminants, and specifically with persistent organic pollutants (POPs) such as PCBs and dioxins and furans.
- A key contributor to the development of deterministic and probabilistic computer models used to predict the potential chemical exposure and health risks in human and environmental impact assessments.
- Considered a Qualified Person – Risk Assessment (QPRA) according to the Environmental Protection Act of Ontario.
- Formerly the technical project manager and lead human health risk assessor for the Sudbury Soils Study project, one of the largest human health and ecological risk assessments to be conducted in Canada.
- Provides scientific litigation support, including research, consultation, and testimony.
- Declared an expert witness in the Ontario Court of Justice on issues related to toxicology and risk assessment.
- Specializes in risk communication, stakeholder engagement and public consultation.
- Provides peer review services for other consulting firms, industry and government agencies.
- Has been a Lecturer at Ryerson University in the graduate Department of Environmental Applied Science and Management, teaching graduate students on the use of toxicology and risk assessment in today’s society.
Ph.D., Health Studies, University of Waterloo
M.Sc., Health Behaviour, University of Waterloo
Post Graduate Diploma, Ecotoxicology and Environmental Chemistry, Concordia University
B.Sc., Biology, Dalhousie University