Christopher Ollson, Ph.D., QPRA
Dr. Ollson was recently appointed as Vice President, Strategic Development for Intrinsik. He is located in our Mississauga office. Dr. Ollson brings fifteen years of international consulting experience in environmental health sciences and toxicology to the firm. His Canadian experience spans from coast-to-coast-to-coast, having worked in all Provinces and Territories. Dr. Ollson has been retained by Federal Departments to aid them in finding risk-based solutions for their contaminated site portfolios. Throughout his career, Chris has led some of Canada’s most high profile and controversial multi-disciplinary environmental health assessments for industry. In addition, Dr. Ollson has worked across the United States and is well versed in Federal and State contaminated sites legislation. He has also provided expert litigation support on a number of cases, both within Canada and the US.
- Considered an authority in environmental health issues related to the energy sector. He has led risk assessments and provided risk communication support for wind turbine projects, natural gas fired stations, energy-from-waste facilities, oil sands environmental assessments, refineries, pipelines, and coal power plants.
- Specializes in risk communication, stakeholder engagement and public consultation. He has developed risk communication plans and implemented risk communication programs for a number of Canada’s most controversial environmental projects ensuring that communities have meaningful input to the decision making process.
- A Qualified Person Risk Assessment (QPRA) and Qualified Toxicologist (Air Standards Branch) in Ontario.
- Led numerous high-profile risk assessment and environmental toxicology projects across Canada and the United States.
- Called upon to provide peer review services for other consulting firms, industry and government agencies.
- Provides scientific litigation support, including research, consultation, and testimony.
- Maintains an active research program through his Adjunct Assistant Professor appointments at the Royal Military College of Canada and the University of Toronto. He teaches graduate level courses in Environmental Risk Assessment and has co-supervised a number of graduate students and Post-Doctoral Fellows.
- Primary research interest is the field of oral bioavailability of contaminants in the environment, and is a founding member of the Bioavailability Research Canada (BARC) and Bioavailability Research Group Europe (BARGE).
- Prior to joining Intrinsik, served as Practice Leader Environmental Health Sciences at Stantec Consulting Inc. (formerly Jacques Whitford).
Ph.D., Environmental Sciences, Royal Military College of Canada
M.Sc., Environmental Sciences, Royal Military College of Canada
B.Sc.H, Biology, Queen’s University